Thursday, April 3, 2008

Letroy Hawkins #21? REALLY????? And other Yankee rants


I am not in love with Paul O'Neill the way many of my fellow Yankee diehards are. I am a huuuge fan of his but I don't put him in the Bernie/Rivera/Jeter category. Still, he symbolizes the great Yankees from 96-01 and deserves to have his number retired. How in the name of Joe Girardi, a former teammate of O'Neill's by the way, can #21 be worn by Latroy Freakin Hawkins. But don't worry Yankee fans, the #22 is apparently not available so that Clemens can make all of the eastern seaboard collectively vomit when Roger's number is retired at Bank of America/AOL.com Park at Yankee Stadium in 2010. Nobody happy except Roger, Steinbrenner and maybe Jeter (way to stick up for Clemens but not A-rod, nice Derek). And why is Mussina starting the 2nd game of the year? Why is Giambi and his 7.5 40 speed batting 5th?? Finally, feel free to actually get some hits before June this year guys. I'm looking at you "Godzilla." Publish Post

2 comments:

devo said...

And what's the deal with airline food???

"I'm going to try and not get upset after every yankees loss this year." -White Boy after the first game. Easy to say following a win, eh?

Alex said...

I think Hawkins should start punching some Gatorade coolers in Paulie's honor.