Sunday, March 2, 2008

Jets Sign Alan Faneca



Now, as we all know (if your read my profile at least) I am from Pittsburgh, so I dont comment a whole lot on New York football teams sans rubbing a Super Bowl 42 win in a Pats "fan's" face. But something I can comment on is when one of them, in this case the Jets, signs an ex-Steeler to their roster in the way of 4 years $32 million for Alan Faneca. This can be summed up with one simple picture:




The fact that Faneca has made the last two pro bowls is an utter joke. This guy was such a liability on the line last year it wasnt funny. Most plays he was standing looking for someone to block, not realizing the guy he was supposed to pick up went past him five seconds ago and is in the midst of tackling Roethlisberger. Paired with Sean Mahan who fell down after he hiked the ball it was like there was no offensive line and Ben was scrambling for his life half the time.
Well Jets fan, if you want to see your QB getting knocked on his ass or running around the back field, Alan Faneca will be happy to oblige that. Frankly, he isnt worth half his contract and you will soon find out why. If you don't believe me, Mahatma can back me up on this (disclaimer: getting Mahatma started on a Steelers offensive line rant is both time consuming and vitriol, do not have your children present). Enjoy.






2 comments:

devo said...

I just had an argument with my dad about this. He said that all the local sports writers and the Jets thought that this was a good move. To which I replied that sure, they said it was a good move, but Mahatma, BH and Yinzer know that Faneca sucks. Point being, my reputation is on the line here within the Devo household. Thanksgiving could get ugly if I/you guys are wrong.

Btw, the Jets are making every possible wrong move. I'm pretty sure they're about to give the Redskins their first round pick for the rights to me.

Mahatma said...

It's a good move for about a season. Faneca is no longer the all-pro he is made out to be by the media. His strength is sapped and he was never a great pass blocker to begin with. He is still very good on pulling and getting to the 2nd level but is that worth being paid 8 million a season FOR four years? Neg!!!