Friday, April 11, 2008

Goodbye Steven A we hardly knew ya. ESPN radio you screwed up big time



I’ll miss my daily 2:05 pm HOLLA AT CHA BOOOOOOOOOOOOY!!! I’ll miss the best theme song on the radio. I’ll miss the daily rants in which he alludes to the fact that he is a black man 4 to 5 different times. Most of all though, I will miss a smart, exciting and controversial show on the New York airwaves. In a local radio market that runs stale with middle aged conservative white men; Steven A brings the perspective of a less than 45 year old liberal black man to the sports landscape. Or at least he did until 4pm yesterday. In one of ESPN’s worst decisions to date, they have pulled Steven A Smith from the radio so that he can focus more on television. This just does not make any sense. For those of us who eat lunch at about 2 pm every day, our slices of pizza went down nicely with Steven A’s NBA expertise and fair but passionate rants directed at the Yankees usual April sluggishness. There is no good reason why ESPN would take him off their airwaves and replace him with what, another hour of the horribly boring Mike Tirico Show? Maybe they will bring his equally dull white half-brother Dan Patrick back instead? Unless they move the great Brandon Tierney into that time slot, this is a terrible move. I can’t take 7-8 total hours a day of Michael Kay’s voice either; I just can’t. Okay I’m done

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please Please Please make Steven A. Smith go away. He has one mode loud and obnoxious. Has he ever had a conversation below a low scream. He reminds me of a very bad preacher who can only hope to make a point by screaming. I immediately turn off any show he appears on to save my eardrums

Anonymous said...

Good way of explaining, and good post to obtain facts regarding my presentation topic,
which i am going to convey in institution of higher education.


Also visit my site ... mouse click the following web site

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes reviews, electronic cigarettes, electronic cigarette, ecig, smokeless cigarettes, e cig