Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Isn't this like replacing Ray Handley with Rich Kotite???


Sean Salisbury is out at ESPN. Cris Carter is in. The real winners here? CBS and FOX.

Some quotes via some random blog via the LA Times (You can't spell journalism ethics without SUS):

"I'm a free agent," he said. "I've been liberated. I knew this was coming, but I couldn't be happier.

SUS RESPONSE:
You know who else is a free agent? Luis Sojo. I don't Theo Epstein and Brian Cashman are lining up at his door.

"I'd grown tired of being punished for not being an NFL superstar. Analysts who don't work as hard as me, don't prepare as hard as me, and don't have my resume were making more than me just because of their ability to throw or catch a pass."

SUS RESPONSE: You know what's worse than Sean Salisbury the quarterback? Sean Salisbury the commentator.

"Don't get me wrong, I appreciated the opportunity ESPN gave me, but they had capped my ceiling. There was only so far I could go there.

SUS RESPONSE: It makes us feel warm inside to know that the ESPN brass had a discussion along these lines:

"Sure, I want Salisbury to cover this piece, but let's go with someone who is better at his job, like Stuart Scott."
or
"We could go with Salisbury, but let's go with someone who has come up with more original ideas over the last 5 years, like Chris Berman."

"I'd done nothing wrong, and if you hear otherwise, it's not true. I did everything that was asked of me."

SUS RESPONSE: What about the times that you sucked at your job?

p.s. Let no one out there think that we like Cris Carter, who along with Dan Marino did everything in their power, and eventually succeeding, in killing Inside the NFL.

2 comments:

The Brooklyn Hillbilly said...

I never even knew what position he played. My brain just automatically shut down when he started talking.

Mahatma said...

He was the bitter ex player who sucked crap and now is bitter ex-player turned announcer. My beef with Mr. Steak was that he was loud, a jerk, and far too often he speaks in sweeping absolutes. In other words, a total douchebag. For the record, I'm sure ESPN can hire someone off the street to say "Tom Brady is the best QB in football BAR NONE" also.