Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stupid White Man



So I'm in a supermarket buying some breakfast. I use the self-checkout lines to speed through. As I'm taking my change, I find $40 worth of bills in the spare change/bills section. I have 3 choices here: I can A) take the money and get myself 30 seconds with a high-class call girl (seriously, do you really need any more time than that?) B) ignore the money and let the lady behind me be in line win the low-stakes lottery or C) give the money to the store manager or anyone else i can find.

I can't believe I chose C. I took the money, gave it to the lady who was working the self-checkout area, and left. I didn't see her do anything with the money, so I'm assuming there's a 80% chance that she pocketed it. If I had to do it all over again, I probably would've taken it and given it to the homeless guy outside as BH suggested. Sure, he's only going to spend it on booze, but would I spend it on anything different?

In the meantime, I absolutely hate myself for taking the moral course of action in this instance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you should've lit the money on fire, and then claimed you were holding it in your hand and a spark flew out from the self checkout machine. Then you can sue them. And you can say you had $500 in your hand, not 40.

devo said...

Damn you must be bored.