Monday, May 12, 2008
NBC goes with Jimmy Fallon as Conan replacement, dead air finishes a close second
7 rhetorical questions for the powers that be at NBC:
1. Jimmy Fallon?
2. Was Carrot Top not available?
3. Was Pauly Shore busy?
4. Can't we just put Johnny Carson's corpse?
5. The geniuses at NBC are going to go with someone who rose to prominence by imitating Adam Sandler?
6. Isn't imitating a comedian like a band that rips off a Zeppelin ripoff?
7. So we're going with the equivalent of a Styx ripoff as the heir to Conan and Letterman?
It's times like these that I'm thankful I don't have the ability to stay up past midnight without the help of alcohol.