Saturday, February 16, 2008

A little Weekend Youtubage (or is it spelled youtubeage?)

This was a classic from early 2k2. It was created by Bono originally to benefit Africa. Then 9/11 happened and it was done as a way to help 9/11 victims. And we mean no disrespect to those who lost someone at 9/11, but parts of the performances are accidentally hilarious. Most notably the three dude rappers who aren't exactly making it to the top of Mount Rapmore: Ja Rule, Nelly (My child aint done nothing wrong!), and Fred "What's that Osama? Shutthafuckup." Durst. Ah, 2001, when our music tastes were so young and naive.

My first memory associated with this video is sitting on my couch after a party, very drunk, and yelling "what's goin on" and either BH or my freshman year roommate would drunkenly slur "what's goin on." Not exactly how Marvin envisioned it, but I stand by it just the same.

No comments: