Wednesday, February 13, 2008

TV Watchers of the World, Rejoice! (But Not Till April)


You can officially get excited for a few reasons tonight. The WGA Strike is o-v-e-r. Pitchers and catchers are due to report tomorrow (but according to www.metsblog.com a bunch of people are already there). The Oscars are on and our area finally had a (wet, slushy, messy) winter storm! Maybe only a few of these things excite you, maybe none of them do. Either way, you should read on to find out why I'm happy.

Like, I said, the strike is over and the Oscars are on. One of the many entertainment websites that I was on today told me that the writers have started writing for the Academy Awards show, which airs on Feb. 24th, but they are a month behind. Will the crunch, coupled with the fact that the writers have had all this free time make the show amazingly written or will it have the opposite effect? I guess we'll have to see how Jon Stewart does when he hosts the show for the second time.

As far as your favorite shows? Well you can go to ew.com and they'll tell you when they are coming back. Most of mine won't be back until April, or in some cases, not till the fall. Hopefully after the waiting, all of us fans won't be disappointed. Can you even remember what happened on the last episode of The Office?

In a great article in the Sunday New York Times, there was a story on David Wright and his current role with the Mets on and off the field. He is quickly becoming a leader and the face of the franchise. I'm all for that. I loved that he was at the Johan Santana press conference. He's been in St. Lucie for a few days now, and did some working out with the pitchers and catchers. Even as I just typed that, I started to feel giddy about baseball, but it also could have been the sugar kicking in from the Valentine's Day candy I bought myself earlier today. Either one. There's also a tour of CitiField on mets.com from Jeff Wilpon. It looks, well, snowy, but also just pretty awesome.

Speaking of baseball, I caught some of the awkward testimony from Congress today with Roger Clemens. Let me just say how happy I am that none of the current Mets got themselves involved in any of this crap.

Get excited about baseball, because its pretty much here!

MissMet's Grammy Best Dressed: Carrie Underwood wore a pretty flowery halter dress, but we won't mention what she wore when she performed...

MissMet's Grammy Worst Dressed: Nelly Furtado. Bad hair, bad make-up, bad dress. Good voice though!

MissMet's Who Cares of the Week: Gary Coleman has been secretly married for months! Like I said...

MissMet

2 comments:

devo said...

Is it just me or was Nelly Furtado way hotter when she first broke onto the scene. Her and Gwen Stefani both were way hotter when they looked like normal people instead of dolled-up pop stars. Just sayin...

MissMet said...

I actually still think Gwen Stefani is gorgeous. Nelly though, ick.