Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Very Devo Weekend Part I (Ok Crapitals, I'm in.)



Went to the Capitals/Hurricanes game on Friday. A few thoughts:

-I was pleasantly surprised by the energy in the Verizon Center; it felt like a playoff game. Maybe it's the fact that I don't take anyone from the Southeast division seriously, or the fact that I've never seen the Caps involved in a battle for first place, but it was a fun game. And to the thousands of Capital fans reading Straight Up Sports, let it be known that Devo is with you! (Count the errors in that sentence.)

-I still hate the 'Canes. A lot. It goes back to the '05-'06 Stanley Cup Playoffs when they beat the Devils in the 2nd round. The Hurricanes proved themselves to be the best team that season. And not only were the Devils the 2nd best team in the NHL that year, but they could've defeated the 'Canes if they held on to the lead in Game 2.

-Nick Wallin scored the game winning goal in OT of Game 2. He went 1 on 1 with Paul Martin. Wallin was about to shoot it into Marty's pads when Martin poke checked the puck away from Wallin, puck trickling into the net. Point being, I still LOATHE Wallin. Always will.

-Somehow I ended up getting into a fight with some Massholes at the Caps/Canes game. (Read that last sentence again. Jesus Christ, massholes are everywhere.) In the past I would've talked shit about the Irish, since I had nothing else going my way. In this post-18-0 era? All I have to say is 18-1. Nope, the Super Bowl win hasn't yet gotten old.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hockey sucks, unless its the playoffs

devo said...

You suck, unless you're the playoffs.