Sunday, March 9, 2008

G's Up, Ho's Down; Weekend Edition

G’s Up-Everything about The Wire Finale.

SPOILER ALERT!!! I assumed that this episode would be one big downer, but everything really tied itself up. My top 6 scenes in reverse order:

6. The negotiation between Rhonda and Omar’s lawyer.
5. McNulty’s ‘funeral.’
4. Michael-the new Omar.
3. McNulty and Daniels in the elevator.
2. Slim taking out Method Man. (Careful Slim, GZA and RZA are going to come back strong.)
1. McNulty telling off Templeton.

Ho’s Down- Met exhibition games on WFAN
Driving from Maryland to Jersey, I love crossing the Delaware Memorial Bridge, turning on WFAN and hearing some good old fashioned sports talk. Not only don’t I want to hear a Mets game, I REALLY don’t want to hear a Mets exhibition game.

G’s Up-J.G. Melon’s
Burger joint on 74th and 3rd. Went there with my boy Drizz. Really good burgers, an old school/cramped NYC feel, and just a good overall environment. I highly recommend.

G’s Up-Everything about the village
If I ever stumble upon a few million dollars, one of the first things that I’m doing is putting a down payment on a Village apartment near Washington Square Park.

G’s Up-Hookah Bar in the village
I don’t know the name of it, but it’s on Macdougal Street, across the street from Off the Wagon. Never been to a hookah bar before. Very impressed.

G’s Up-Ben’s Pizza selection
Mahatma and White Boy recommended this place in the past, so I went. They had tons of choices. Under pressure, I choked and took pepperoni and olives. If I had to do it again, I know I could’ve done better. Probably something with chicken.

Ho’s Down-Ben’s Pizza Quality
I had high expectations. And the pizza wasn’t bad. But being New York, it wasn’t anything special.

Ho’s Down-Catching a cab in the village
Took us 25 minutes to catch a cab right by the West 4th St. subway stop. Boo to the girls who would sneak in front of us and catch a cab. We were there first, whores.

Ho’s Down-The weather
Saturday was either warm and flood-like or cold and windy. Either way, it was awful. Though if it was cold while it was raining, it could’ve been 2-3 feet of snow.

Ho’s down-My Wallet
Another night in NYC, another night of starting with a big bank and ending with an empty wallet.

G’s Up-Duke losing
Greg Paulus, I hate everything about your existence.

Ho’s Down-Tyler “Nick Collison” Hansborough winning
I like Tyler Hansborough. But my guess is that he’ll suck in the pros. Because he’s a tough white guy, he’s going to be called gritty by every announcer in the tourney; basically the white basketball player equivalent of calling Barack Obama ‘well-spoken.’

G’s Up-BU Basketball team winning the American East Quarterfinal matchup against someone.
Babcock Street’s finest surprised the masses and won a game on Saturday night to get to the American East Semifinals. Would they achieve the impossible dream?

Ho’s Down-Losing the next round to Hartford.
Nope. Next night: Hartford 59, BU 52. Can I name any BU player? No, but not the point.

G’s Up-Parise-3 goals in a weekend
Scoring 3 goals in two nights for the Devils is like scoring 5 over that span for any other team. Oh, and being in 1st overall, 1 point ahead of Montreal and Pitt with a game in hand is pretty sweet too.

G’s Up-Daylight savings time
Spring and summer are coming!

Ho’s Down-Not knowing how to change my watch.
Only 8 more months until my watch gives accurate time again!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

man, the best famous ben's is on spring and broadway. The village one is okay but the spring st one is the shit.