Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Good game, K-Rock...




Rolling Stone
- Well, K-Rock is crap again.

According to the New York Times, K-Rock’s listenership had fallen to 21st in New York’s Arbitron rankings in the important Age 12-and-above demographic for the month of January.

This proves what I've been saying for the last year or so, that K-Rock is no better than the 4th best rock radio station in the area, behind 101.9 (classic/modern/indie rock), 104.3 (classic rock), and 105.5 (classic/hard rock; Jersey station). For what it's worth, how many stations can be below K-Rock? There can't be much more than 21 fm stations, no?

On a sadder note, R.I.P. Opie and Anthony in the morning. I hardly knew ye. Seriously, I started listening to them roughly two weeks ago, and now? I gotta wait for satellite radio to go belly up so that they can come back on another radio station.

But on a related note, anyone out there who left their radio on K-Rock should really check out 101.9, including Matt Pinfield in the morning. A fantastic station, and the only radio station that has played new bands in NY within the last 10 years.

As a side note, is it just me or did the Chris Brown/Rihanna beating do more for both of their careers than any of their music ever did? I mean, they're tabloid fodder now, and they were barely on top-40 radio before. It reminds me when Dale Earnhardt's death elevated auto racing (and Earnhardt's legacy) more than any of Dale's races ever could.

1 comment:

MissMet said...

SO upsetting. I put it on unknowingly last week and was all confused about hearing stuff I usually hear on Z100 (and then quickly change). I had been listening to 101.9, so now that's my rock station. Still, bad news bears. Why do we need another top 40 station??