Wednesday, November 26, 2008

MissMet is Thankful...


...and she also speaks in the third person. Happy Thanksgiving sports fans! As you are enjoying your turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, football and crazy family members, don't forget to
remember the things for which you are thankful. I've compiled a nice list of my own things, just for you.

  1. CitiField. Or perhaps we should call it Taxpayer Field? Two New York City Council members say that Citigroup should show its thanks for a federal bailout by sharing the naming rights to the new Mets ballpark in Queens. Sorry about that everyone, but also, THANKS. I mean, this place looks absolutely fabulous and I can't wait to see games there.
  2. Metsblog.com's Hot Stove report. Without Matt Cerrone and the boys, I would be baseball-less all winter long. How else would I know what the chances are that the Mets are going to sign K-Rod or Brian Fuentes? What about whether Aaron Heilman is going to be a starter (on another team) or not? THANKS boys.
  3. The Jets. A guy named Favre (and a great team to back him up) has made my late fall/early winter a lot more exciting with the big games- Thursday night OT win v. the Pats IN New England, blowout of then-unbeaten Tennessee IN Tennessee- and the big buzz. THANKS Gang Green!
  4. Johan Santana. THANKS for being awesome.
  5. All of my family and friends who read this blog and support me in every other endeavor. THANKS loves.
Have a wonderful day and remember to give thanks where it is deserved.
~MissMet

No comments: