Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Your Monthly Sean Avery Update


If this was last year, I'd call him an asshole, douche, goat fucker, what have you, but now since Sean isn't wearing that puke ridden Rag jersey I kindof like him.

What was the cause of this change of heart? This amazing gem:

"I'm really happy to be back in Calgary, I love Canada," started Avery before smirking.

"I just wanted to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. But, enjoy the game tonight."


HA! Can you tell that Sean and ex, Elisha Cuthbert had a bad breakup? While Elisha saddled up next to current Calgary Flames D man, Dion Phaneuf, I gotta say that Avery just did some massive serving.

Gary Bettman didn't think so and promptly suspended him.

I'm sorry but Avery is good for the game. Look the problem with hockey is that you don't know any of these guys personality. Sure Crosby is a great player but what about him? This is one of the things the NHL is horrendous at. I know most of these guys are from Canada and Europe where they are all good ol boys and polite but screw that. Shouldn't they have some personality? Hockey needs more guys to say it like it is and to have some villains for once. You can call it wrestling but atleast that still gets some ratings...

For Avery to get suspended here is bullshit. This is the same league that lets head shots, elbows and knees and all the other gross misconducts go, but a verbal cheap shot? Oh no, that's crossing the line! WHAT WILL THE WEE CHILDREN THINK?! This would have made for good TV to have a battle out there, but as usual, the NHL is the murderer of it's own publicity. Don't you think people would tune in to see what would Dion Phaneuf do to take back the honor of his girl? I'm sure people wouldn't have tuned in to see Phaneuf beat the living shit out of Avery and see his patented turtling?



People can bitch and whine about Avery and him being classless but come on guys -- classlessness = ratings!

Lame. Here I was looking for a game to watch.

1 comment:

devo said...

So the fact that I didn't know about Phaneuf/Cuthbert, does that place me in the minority or in the majority?