Friday, December 5, 2008

Fredo Picks, week 14!



Jacksonville (+6.5) at Chicago
Devo:
The only times I've ever been near Jacksonville have been on long drives back to Jersey. In other words, I'd see Jacksonville and think, "good, 4 hours down, 17 to go." And that's one of the nicer things said about Jacksonville. Pick: Chicago.
Mahatma: Driving through Jacksonville is just above having a kidney stone on my list of things to do. Pick: Chicago.
BH: I thought Jews were smart enough not to drive from Miami to New Jersey. Thats why they invented planes. Pick: Chicago

Green Bay (+6) at Houston
Devo:
Houston is one helluva sprawled out city. But unlike Green Bay, it's an actual city. Pick: Houston
Mahatma
:
Green Bay has people that will buy Steeler fans shots of jello. Pick: Green Bay
BH:
Cheese curds beat refugees any day. Pick: Green Bay

Minnesota (-9) at Detroit
Devo:
Hey Zigy, where's my heat? Pick Detroit
Mahatma
:
I mean I know the Red Wings are good but not that good. Pick: Minnesota
BH:
Minnesota does not enjoy the undying hatred I have for Michigan. Pick: Minny

Miami (+1) at Niagra Falls
Devo:
Apparently things are so bad in upstate New York they need NFL bailouts from Canada. Pick: Miami
Mahatma
:
Dexter is from Miami and while he is a fictional character i'm still going with him. Pick: Miami
BH:
I imagine this is what it felt like when Montreal and Toronto got baseball teams. Just feels wrong. Fuck Canada. Pick: Miami

New England (-4.5) at Seattle
Devo:
The closest you come to a snowman in Seattle is the Artist formerly known as Layne Staley. Pick: New England
Mahatma: Seattle has grunge music. Pick: Seattle
BH:
It hurts me to pick them, but coffee roasters dont have great track records beating lobstermen. Pick: N'ingland

No comments: